Wednesday 1 May 2013

Breakfast Topic: What was your first day in WoW like?

Over on Reddit, there's a thread where users are reminiscing about their first experiences in World of Warcraft which has me feeling nostalgic for the good old days when I'd just started playing and everything seemed so much simpler. Azeroth was a huge new world, entirely unexplored. I didn't know about gear or raiding or even what awaited me around the next corner. Every word of quest text was new and fresh (though, admittedly, some were pretty tedious to finish).

And, best of all, I discovered gnomes. The first character I stuck with was a gnome warlock who was both tiny and deadly (and pink-haired to boot). I still haven't decided just what was so appealing about gnomes. Was it because they were tiny and adorable? Because of their bright pink hair color options? Perhaps because they jump just as high as any other race, which means each jump for them is basically leaping their entire height? It's probably a combination (newbie me was very fond of jumping everywhere). And even today, my Alliance characters tend to gravitate back to the gnome race. Perhaps they imprinted on me somehow in those first gameplay sessions, I'll never know for sure.

But enough about gnomes: tell us about your start in WoW. Was it a true newbie experience? Did you fall in love with a certain race or class? Even if you just made stupid mistakes, trust us: we've all been there! (As my gnome story proves.) So tell us everything: what was your first WoW login like?

Tags: arena, arena-guide, arena-strats, arena-tips, arenas, featured, gnome, gnomes, guide, how-to-play-battlegrounds, how-to-pvp, new-player, pvp-guide, wow-arena, wow-arena-guide, wow-guide

Filed under: Analysis / Opinion, Breakfast Topics


Source : http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/05/01/breakfast-topic-what-was-your-first-day-in-wow-like/

No comments:

Post a Comment